Choosing the best virtual assistant course is not easy. Whether you’re just starting out or hoping to accelerate your freelance career into a higher income bracket, you’d need the best support to help you achieve your goals.
With the rise in internet and social media users, the IT outsourcing industry is set to grow annually at 4.5% with the virtual assistant market estimated to reach $25.6 billion dollars by 2025.
This has skyrocketed virtual assistance into the spotlight as one of the high-income skills to start learning if you’re seeking to form your own independent income.
At the same time, virtual assistance skills can require a lesser technical set of skills to obtain as they are widely found in many traditional career paths which can be converted to be used for your freelance business.
In this guide, to ensure that you get the best results, I filtered down from hundreds of courses to uncover the 4 best virtual assistance courses that will help you start earning higher in 2024.
- Best Overall: The Savvy System
- Best For A Community: Virtual Excellence Academy
- Best for Beginners: Udemy “Must-Have Skills (Training) for Virtual Assistants in 2023”
- Best for Budget: $10K VA
Overall Best Virtual Assistant Course ($1297 – $3397)
Founded by Abbey Ashley, the SavvySystem program is highly comprehensive, offering 14 self-paced modules and a wealth of downloadable resources, including templates and scripts.
It also provides monthly group coaching calls and exclusive job listings, which is incredibly helpful when kickstarting a virtual assistant business from scratch.
In addition, the SavvySystem program equips you with essential skills, including email marketing, invoicing, brand-building, pricing, and scaling your business.
Check out a few of the SavvySystem’s highlights that’ll give you a better idea of what you’ll enroll in.
- 14 In-Depth Modules: The SavvySystem offers 14 extensive modules that goes into a step-by-step guide to understanding and mastering everything you need to know from uncovering your skillset, pricing, branding to building a team
- 16 Free Bonuses: Along with the above 14 extensive modules, you get up to 16 free bonus packages to help you with your career from the VA toolbox and template to proposals, marketing and LinkedIn mastery
- Done-For-You Timeline: You get an entire timeline mapped out for you based on how much time you can commit, your current stage in your journey and how long you need to get to where you aspire to be.
- 70+ Software Training: Get extra training on 70+ of the most popular software to develop your skills to start charging higher
- Monthly Expert Interviews: Get access to monthly interviews with industry experts on how to excel in your niche and brand yourself for success
SavvySystem’s pricing plans, which include Standard, Pro, and Ultimate, offers the flexibility of either a one-time payment or a 12-month instalment with lifetime access to its features.
- Standard (One-Time of $1297 or 12-months of $127): You’ll have access to the 14 modules, VA toolbox, portfolio, and a Gameboard that’ll help you track your progress.
- Pro (One-Time of $1797 or 12-months of $177): Everything above plus you’ll also get unlimited proposal reviews, group coaching, private VA online community support, mega crazy swipe file, and other helpful features.
- Ultimate (One-Time of $3397 or 12-months of $337): Everything above plus lifetime access to the Savvy vault which holds a collection of tech training online courses that’ll apply to the VA industry.
For me, the SavvySystem wins as the overall best virtual assistant course due to it being a one-shop-stop for every need that will lead an aspiring virtual assistant to find success. It stands out as the premier choice for virtual assistant courses, catering to individuals at all skill levels.
Whether you’re looking to break into the industry or advance your existing skill set, its expansive training and resources make it the top option for virtual assistant success and building client relationships.
One of the reasons I selected The Virtual Excellence Academy program as the second runner-up of the best virtual assistant courses is its sheer comprehensiveness.
Ever heard of the saying, “Your network is your net worth?”
That’s what sets The Virtual Excellence Academy apart: Their lifetime access to the Inner Circle which is a supportive community where you can:
- Connect with fellow students
- Get exclusive job leads
- Attend live Q&A sessions
- And co-work with other virtual assistants operating individually or as an agency
Along with a fantastic community to build you up, you can also expect to:
- Master the crucial skills such as setting up your workspace
- Potential client interaction
- Financial management
- Content marketing
- And the use of tools and resources to streamline your work
Virtual Excellence Academy offers a dynamic learning experience filled with various highlights including:
- 10 Massive Modules: To master everything from the fundamentals of your legal business set-up to advanced financial management preparation and personal branding
- 4 Bonus Modules: Never miss any livestream from industry experts, learn how to balance a successful business and life while mastering fear of the unknown with journaling
- 9 Masterclasses & Bundles: Have every area of your business covered from contract templates to getting repeat clients on a steady basis
- Access to the Inner Circle Community: Get exclusive job opportunities from high-quality and vetted clients seeking VA’s, weekly co-working sessions with peers and many more.
The Virtual Excellence Academy offers two plans where you can choose to pay in either a single, two, four, or six instalments.
- Standard ($900): Includes lifetime access to all learning materials, Inner Circle membership, 9 modules, more than 30 videos, discounts, and other bonus offers.
- Legacy ($1300): In addition to the Standard’s offering, you also get exclusive access to classes like Client Experience 101, Sales and Marketing Mastery Workshop, and Podcast Management.
The Virtual Excellence Academy is best suited for individuals who prioritize a well-established community who are ever-present for your support, well-being and success.
Udemy’s “Must-Have Skills for Virtual Assistants in 2023” has been voted a bestseller course and boasts a stunning enrollment of over 12,500 students with 4,482 ratings averaging 4.7 stars.
In my experience, it served as a concise introduction to the world of virtual assistant services, making it ideal for those interested in exploring this career path.
In this course, you’ll gain essential skills such as calendar and inbox management, expense reporting, social media management, lead generation, travel management, and event planning.
Overall, it’ll empower you to support virtual business owners effectively and confidently tackle various back-office tasks.
Here are some reasons why you should consider Udemy’s course.
- Critical VA Skills: This course imparts the critical and fundamental virtual assistant skills, helping you grasp the essentials of the role.
- 6 Templates & Checklists: Learn how to standardize your work for efficiency, saving your time and effort
- Multiple Topics Covered: Of the 17 lectures and 3.5 hours of video in the course, you’ll be taught calendar management, inbox management, social media maintenance, and travel management.
The full lifetime access of this bestselling virtual assistant course on Udemy costs around $76 and includes a 3.5-hour instructional video, 17 articles, 6 downloadable resources, and a certificate of completion.
Udemy’s course is the best virtual assistant course for those wanting a brief introduction to the industry and those seeking to strengthen their fundamentals as a virtual assistant.
4. $10K VA
$10,000 per month – isn’t that the initial benchmark of success we often set for ourselves?
The “$10K VA” course caught my eye because it was specific and as per the course states, it aims to help students earn over $10,000 a month from their virtual assistant business.
Kayla Sloan, the instructor, shares her journey from humble beginnings to consistent $10k months as a virtual assistant.
The seven modules cover everything from what a virtual assistant does to pricing services and running a successful VA business, promising to level up your skills and income.
If you’re not ready to dive into the full course, there’s even a free virtual assistant workshop to get you started.
To ensure that each student gets the best training, Kayla offers the following:
- 7 Modules: “$10K VA” offers a thorough curriculum, covering all aspects of becoming a successful virtual assistant.
- Exclusive Facebook Group: A students-only group where you can gain insights from other successful virtual assistants through bonus interviews, providing real-world perspectives and tips.
- Templates & Action Items: The course provides valuable worksheets and templates to support your own virtual assistant business.
- Direct Connection to Clients: “$10K VA” is a cost-effective option compared to some other detailed courses.
The virtual assistant course costs $497 in total. It covers all the modules and resources offered.
Despite its broad content, this virtual assistant training program is more budget-friendly compared to others on the list.
This makes it the best virtual assistant course choice for those serious about becoming a virtual assistant but hesitant about the financial commitment of other courses.
A virtual assistant is a remote professional who provides a range of administrative tasks and support services. This includes social media management, email management, scheduling appointments, managing travel arrangements, and even tasks like video or photo editing.
To become a skilled virtual assistant, enrolling in the best virtual assistant course for your skillset is crucial for honing the necessary expertise and excelling in this role.
In the current economy where we have witnessed mass layoffs during budget crunches, many people are either shifting to freelance work as their full-time or taking it up as a part-time.
The ability to take control of your income and not be job-dependent is quickly becoming a need for many people as jobs may come and go, but bills will always need to be paid.
Virtual assistance provides you with one of the fastest transition into a freelance career due to the similar nature of project and administrative tasks that full-time employees do at their jobs.
Finding the best virtual assistant course for your needs is the best way to kickstart a positive change in your life.
From being only job-dependent to becoming income independent, through setting yourself and your business entity up to obtaining your first client and eventually building a stream of recurring clients who need your services.
Still deciding which course to choose from my list of best virtual assistant courses? Let my FAQ’s help.